Our Open Vacancies
This role has now been filled!
Citynet Insurance Brokers is a Lloyd’s broker specialising in the placement of commercial business into the London market on behalf of UK and Irish intermediaries.
Located in the heart of the City, in a new office building, the company is fast growing and fast-paced with a young and vibrant team. Our approach ensures that we attract the most talented professionals to work with us and create an environment where all employees have a stake in our success.
Main purpose of the job
To provide quality administration support to Account Handlers in order to facilitate maximum return of profit while maintaining the firm’s obligations of treating customers fairly and contract certainty principles and to maintain the firm’s reputation and integrity, taking care of the firm’s customers and demonstrating respect for the regulatory obligations of the firm as per the firm’s procedures manual.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Set up of new risks on Brokasure or similar system including completing relevant sections of checklists, trackers and the like.
- Preparation of Market Reform Contracts, Contract Certain Schedules, Endorsements, evidence of covers and debit notes.
- Issuance of evidence of covers, debit notes, to whom it may concern letters and the like, ensuring that these are in line with company practice and procedures.
- Keeping everything diaried including proposal forms, renewals, surveys and the like.
- General support to Account Handlers.
- Any other duties that may become necessary from time to time.
- Complies with all of the Citynet Procedure Handbook and the Insurance Regulator guidelines and represents Citynet when dealing with Clients and online social networking.
- Assists with any general office administration as and when necessary including filing, data archiving provisioning and other such tasks.
Specific skill requirements
- SYSC Systems and Controls – Training to a general understanding
- Knowledge of Insurance – Training to a general understanding
- FCA rules and regulations – Training to a general understanding
- Sanctions and Prevention of Money Laundering – Training to a general understanding
- Lloyds and London Market including MRC’s and A&S – Training to a general understanding
- Property / Liability Insurance – Training to a general understanding
- Insurance Broking System – Training to a general understanding
General skill requirements
- Use own judgement based on knowledge and experience of risk appetite to make decisions on when to proceed and when to refer to a senior.
- Demonstrate effective organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues including offering assistance when own workload permits and within parameters of own knowledge & skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible when necessary, being particularly mindful of the peak periods that relate to your work.
- Willingness to keep up to date with changes to regulations and legislation as appropriate.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills with a confident and effective telephone manner. Ability to construct written communications that are effective and meet business needs.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
- Good timekeeping and self-regulation in the office. Good timekeeping and self-regulation in the office.
IT Skill Requirements
Microsoft Suite – Outlook/Excel/Word
Depending on experience
Please click HERE to download this vacancy as a PDF.
The role of Risk Technician would suit a driven and ambitious individual that’s looking for their next career move within a successful organisation. Please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Carole Pauley directly on 020 7488 7950.
This job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.