Our Open Vacancies
This role has now been filled!
Citynet Insurance Brokers is a Lloyd’s broker specialising in the placement of commercial business into the London market on behalf of UK and Irish intermediaries.
Located in the heart of the City, in a new office building, the company is fast growing and fast-paced with a young and vibrant team. Understanding and helping our clients is of the utmost importance to us, therefore, our approach ensures that we attract the most talented professionals to work with us and create an environment where our clients and our team all thrive.
Main purpose of the job
To provide quality back up services to Account Executives including the placing and adjustments of Insurance Contracts in order to facilitate customer requirements. Helping maximise return of profit while maintaining the firm’s reputation and integrity, taking care of the firm’s customers and treating them fairly. Demonstrating respect for the regulatory obligations of the firm as per the firm’s procedures manual.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Prioritise and deal with post and e-mails from agents, underwriters and other stakeholders including diaries. Answer and deal with telephone calls from agents and underwriters, also assist with coverage of the office telephones when necessary.
- Chases agents for proposal forms and renewal information. Manage renewals and new business in association with the Account Executives and puts up quotes and renewal terms in a timely and contract certain fashion. Records all renewals progress on the Renewal spreadsheet.
- Prepares Market Reform Contracts, Policies, Evidence of Covers, and Endorsements in a speedy manner to enable the issuance of contract certain documentation.
- Keep a diary of all subjectivities and like and action them when they come out of the diary.
- Liaises with the Accounts Department and Claims department to assist with queries.
- Keeps the Insurance Broking System up to date for all policies handled.
- Fulfill regular underwriter appointments and also willing to approach new markets.
- Broking of other business as may be required by the company in the Lloyd’s and Company markets
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, Underwriters and Agents.
- Complies with all of the Citynet Procedure Handbook and the Insurance Regulator guidelines and represents Citynet when dealing with Market and online social networking.
- Assists with any general office administration as and when necessary including filing, data archiving provisioning and other such tasks.
- When required – assist with the face to face placing and negotiations with Underwriters.
Specific skill requirements
- General knowledge of Insurance – LLMIT standard
- FSA rules and regulations – Basic
- Sanctions and Prevention of Money Laundering – Intermediate
- Lloyds and London Market including MRC and A&S – Intermediate
- Insurance Broking System – Intermediate
General skill requirements
- Use own judgement based on knowledge and experience to make decisions as to when to refer to a senior colleague.
- Demonstrate effective organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues including offering assistance when own workload permits and within parameters of own knowledge & skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly when necessary, being particularly mindful of the peak periods that relate to your work.
- Willingness to keep up to date with changes to regulations and legislation as appropriate.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills with confident and effective telephone manner.
- Ability to construct written communications that are effective and meet business needs.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
- Good timekeeping and self-regulation in the office.
IT Skill Requirements
Microsoft Suite – Outlook/Excel/Word
Depending on experience
Please click HERE to download this vacancy as a PDF.
The role of Account Broker would suit a driven and ambitious individual that’s looking for their next career move within a successful organisation. Please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Carole Pauley or Richard Seeley directly on 020 7488 7950.
This job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.